We recently installed a range of aluminium stystwms into the new build property which included aluminium curtain walling, fire doors and windows. We werwe commission to manufacture the windows and doors by Omnis Construction who were the main contractor for this project.
The project was funded by the Big Lottery Fund, the Pathfinder grant via North Norfolk District Council, Sheringham Shoal and the Geoffrey Watling Foundation. The village also raised £15,000 to complete the works.
Since 1935 the village hall has been the Pilgrim Shelter, a building seating about 25 people built by the local vicar to boost church and social life, as well as being a resting place for pilgrims en route for Walsingham.
But coastal erosion ment that the shelter, about 20ft from the cliff edge, only had 20 or 30 more years of life.
The new hall, west of Staden Park, is a a single-storey building, incorporating a main hall, meeting room and office, kitchen and toilets.